Occupational Health & Safety (OH & S)
OH & S management systems provide a systematic approach for the successful management of all health and safety risks in the workplace and can help reduce the potential of work-related death, injury and disease.
At SES we offer a variety of occupational health and safety related services, including due diligence full management systems, Job Safety Analysis, Material Safety Data Sheets, (ER) Plans.
Prevention of work related injuries, illnesses, and fatalities is important to an organization and should be taken into consideration in design of the management system. Implementing the OHSAS 18001 standard can improve the efficiency and performance of the organization by effectively managing health and safety issues.
The following is a list of our feature Health and Safety services:
- Occupational Health and Safety Management System Gap Analysis
- Occupational Health and Safety Audits (Compliance, Internal, and Performance audits)
- Occupational Health and Safety Training
- Emergency Response (ER) Plans
What is OHSAS 18001/CSA Z1000/ANSI Z10?
OHSAS 18001 is the Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Specification published by the British Standards Institute. CSA Z1000 is a similar standard developed by the Canadian Standards Association, and Z10 is the US equivalent. They all are a generalized, comprehensive outline for managing occupational health and safety issues. They offer an effective approach to assess hazards and risks in the workplace and implement preventative measures.
Benefits of implementing an OH & S management system are significant to the development of an organization. It promotes safe work practices and ensures employee well-being through a proper and an effective management system. With an effective occupational health and safety management system, your company can minimize the risk of accidents, work related injuries and illnesses, which will in return increase your company’s productivity and gaining customer’s trust. Commitment to occupational health and safety issues also may gain additional benefits such as having lower insurance premiums and eliminating legal costs that may result from occupational incidents.
Occupational Health and Safety Services
SES assists small to medium size companies in registering to any OHSMS certification. We help our clients to develop systems that assess and manage workplace health and safety issues effectively. We also perform auditing and assessments on a company’s existing occupational health and safety management system. Our consultants are experienced in providing professional advice to management and joint health and safety committees. If training is determined to be necessary, we also provide specially designed programs for management team and employees.
- Our main Occupational Health and Safety services include:
- OHSAS 18001 Consulting
- CSA Z1000 Consulting
- ANSI Z10 Consulting
- OHSMS Auditing
- OHSMS Training
- Management Systems Integration (Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety Management System)
For companies that are not quite ready for OHSAS 18001, we also have services suitable for your needs:
- Emergency Response Planning
- Spill Kit Inspection
- First Aid Inspection
1. Systematic Identification through:
- Preventive action feedback by staff
- Workplace Inspections
- Accident Statistics
- Near Misses
- Determination of factors
- Exposure to the potential hazard
- Severity of the potential hazard
- Human differences affecting the potential severity
- Elimination of hazards where possible
- Substitution of a lesser hazard where elimination is not possible
- Mitigation where substitution is not possible
- Improved work organisation and personal protective equipment
- Gap analysis can be performed to assess your Occupational Health and Safety Management System to determine its compliance with the OHSAS 18001 standard.
- Compliance audits
- We are experienced in conducting OH & S audits to evaluate compliance and assess effectiveness of the management systems
- Internal audits
- Perform for the needs of maintaining your registration
- Performance audits
- Any type of audit that you wish to conduct for any relevant issue
- Experienced instructor can provide the following courses; these courses may also be adjust according to a client’s needs:
- OHSAS 18001 essentials
- OHSAS 18001 Internal Auditor (we can provide accredited courses)
- Job Safety Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis
- Management Awareness
- General Employee Awareness