Synposis:Retrofitted and rehabilitated 1504 primary schools and numerous Community Public Infrastructure(CPIs) schemes in most remote regions of Khyber PakhtunKhwa (KP) province; fully operational. The proud 5 years journey with UNDP finally comes to an end; great milestone in lifting Pakistan. Education is the only answer in eradicating poverty and to improve standard of living.
Narrative description of Project:
The year 2014 saw an escalation of the displacement from FATA following military operations in North Waziristan Agency (Zarb-e-Azb, June 2014) and Bara Tehsil of Khyber Agency (Khyber 1, October 2014). This wave of displacement brought the total FATA displacement caseload to an estimated 300,000 families (around 1.6 million people), around 70% of which are women and children. In 2015, UNDP supported the Government at national and regional levels in order to strengthen the local governance capacity to manage this crisis and to provide solutions for both the TDP population and the affected communities in the hosting districts as well as the returnees.
The assignment involves spot checking and construction supervision of 1504 schools and 750 medium scale infrastructure projects in five agencies of FATA including Khyber, SWA, NWA, Orakzai & Kurram under sustainable Return and Rehabilitation Strategy.
Description of actual services provided:SES was contracted to carry out monitoring and supervision for the entire rehabilitation works including but not limited to 1504 schools and 750 various medium scale infrastructure schemes implemented and governed by line departments and Private contractors.
SES was contracted to carry out monitoring and supervision for the entire rehabilitation works including but not limited to 1504 schools and 750 various medium scale infrastructure schemes implemented and governed by line departments and Private contractors.
1. Physical inspection, site visit and survey of the infrastructure projects/sites including schools, health facilities, Drinking Water Supply Schemes (DWSS), roads, irrigation infrastructure and livestock facilities.
2. Preparation of detailed (a) working drawings, plans, elevations and sketch schemes; (b) schedules for the works implementation program.
3. Monitoring visit / Interim Spot Checks
4. Physical verification and construction supervision of all approved construction activities at each site during and after defect liability period.
5. Certifying contractor /concerned line department construction works as per awarded contract.
6. All findings/reports of aforementioned tasks were submitted to UNDP in a report duly signed and approved to the satisfaction of client.